On Tuesday 20th March the class of Grans made a Jamaican coconut cake. We each brought a different ingredient. The ingredients were:
- 175g of butter
- 100g of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 eggs
- 175g of flour, with 2 teaspoons of baiking powder
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt
- 50g of coconut
- The juice of a lime
- 50g of grated dark chocolate
- 1 bottle of cream.
To make the cakes we:
- First of all, put the butter, sugar and honey into a bowl. Mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Then, add the eggs one at a time. Mix after each egg.
- Slowly add the flour, coconut and grated chocolate and mix well. Then add the lime juice and mix again
- Next, pour the mixture into a gresed baking tin (we used cupcake cases).
- Last of all, put it in the oven and bake it for 30-35 minutes at 180º. Leave the cake to cool.
- Top with cream and enjoy!
Click here to see more photos.
Redactors: Biel and Benet